No matter where you are in your professional journey, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) provides the knowledge and inspiration you need to make a difference in your student’s lives. From growing your expertise to accessing evidence-based resources, CEC is here to lift you up throughout your career.
CEC membership provides access to essential content that keeps you connected to the latest practice insights, research, and emerging trends in special education so you can feel confident in your abilities to support your students.
CEC Membership Benefits
Professional development you can trust:
- Discounts on books and CEC products, as well as CEC’s Annual Convention & Expo
- Selection of free, member-only pre-recorded and live webinars through the CEC Learning Library
- Evidence-based professional development opportunities from leading experts in the field
- Access to CEC's award-winning journals, TEACHING Exceptional Children and Exceptional Children
Support from connections, peers, and community:
- Access to our exclusive CECommunity All Member Forum
- Complimentary, automatic membership in your local CEC Unit
- Option to join Special Interest Divisions (additional investment required)
Protection for your practice and your profession:
- Discounted premium insurance policies and plans
- Regular policy updates and access to advocacy opportunities
Select the membership category that’s right for you!
Pre-service undergraduate or graduate (including doctoral)* students who have not yet held any position as a professional in special education. Members in this category may be full or part time students.
*Student memberships include a Student Educator Professional Liability Insurance policy for up to $1 million of coverage (eligibility requirements apply).